At Harmony Hills, we help men and women struggling with depression, PTSD, or other mental health disorders. We offer inpatient, outpatient, and aftercare programs to aid our client’s recovery journey, no matter what stage they are in. Continue reading to learn more about the stages of mental health recovery, then call 855.494.0357 to speak with our friendly staff if you are ready to begin the recovery process.
How Can the Stages of Mental Health Treatment Help in the Recovery Process?
Nearly everyone will feel sad or upset once in a while. It is natural to feel this way and part of the human experience. Men and women with a chemical imbalance or who experienced trauma in childhood can develop more serious mental health problems, such as PTSD or major depressive disorder. In this case, they will need mental health support to lead a full and happy life.
The mental health treatment process involves therapists working with clients one-on-one to help them discover the cause of their mental health illness. They participate in various therapy sessions that involve behavioral and holistic therapies for a more effective treatment process. Just some of the benefits of going through the mental health recovery process include:
- Feeling stronger in the face of challenges
- Heal from past pains and trauma
- Rebuild your self-esteem and confidence
- Build new relationship skills
At Harmony Hills, we guide our clients through all stages of mental health recovery with care and compassion. We know how difficult this time is and will guide you through our process to ensure you get the best care possible for your unique symptoms.
5 Stages of Mental Health Recovery
These five stages of mental health treatment will aid men and women ready to lead healthy and productive lives:
- Pre-contemplation – This stage is when most people hit rock bottom. Clients have yet to admit they have a problem but subconsciously know they need help. If confronted about their illness, they will more than likely react negatively.
- Contemplation – Clients begin admitting to themselves and others they need help. This stage can last several weeks to months, and substance abuse typically continues during this stage. In some cases, clients may take more as they struggle with the decision to change.
- Preparation – In this stage, clients are ready to begin their mental health recovery. They start setting recovery goals and can get excited about their recovery as they start thinking about enjoying life again.
- Action – Clients enroll in an addiction treatment program and begin working through the mental health treatment process. This can involve group and individual behavioral therapies, medication-assisted treatment, and holistic therapies, such as meditation, exercise programs, and family therapy.
- Maintenance – During the final stage of mental health recovery, clients begin to return to their normal lives with new skills to maintain sobriety and happiness. Clients can continue receiving treatment through outpatient and aftercare programs.
Harmony Hills Will Compassionately Guide You Through Your Mental Health Recovery Process
At Harmony Hills, we support men and women struggling with anxiety, schizophrenia, and other mental health disorders through our mental health treatment facility. We take the time to get to know you and your symptoms to form an effective treatment plan to give you the coping skills you need to lead a healthy and happy life. If you or a loved one is struggling with their mental health, call 855.494.0357 today or fill out our online form to begin your recovery process.
Harmony Hills is a mental health treatment center in Altoona, FL, just an hour north of Orlando. Our serene, rural setting allows guests to heal away from the stresses of everyday life. During mental health treatment at Harmony Hills, our guests heal in both body and mind through evidence-based and holistic treatment therapies.